IPMUDA’s response to Movement Control Order from 18th March to 14th April 2020
March 17, 2020
As of last night, the government has issued a Movement Control Order calling for these measures:
- Restriction on all religious, sporting, social and cultural gatherings. All business and religious premises to close. Exemption on groceries, public markets, provision stores. Restriction on mosques and Islamic events subject to Muzakarah meeting.
- Overseas travel restrictions on all citizens. Those who have just arrived from abroad must undergo self-quarantine.
- All tourists and visitors barred from entry.
- All public and private schools including kindergartens, nurseries, residential school and other educational institutions to close.
- All private and public higher institutions of learning to close.
- Closure of all government and private premises except essential services such as water and electricity, telecommunication, postal service, transport, fuel, gas, lubrication, broadcasting, banking, health, pharmacy, fire-fighting, ports, airports, prisons, security and defence, sanitary services, provision and food supply.
IPMUDA has adhered to all safety and health guidelines in our headquarters at Maju Tower, Penchala branch and our offices in Johor Bahru, Ipoh, Penang and Kota Kinabalu. IPMUDA wishes to reaffirm that the health and wellbeing of our employees and guests are our utmost priority, and we will continue to be vigilant in our effort to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
IPMUDA will be activating its Business Continuity Plan (BCP) in which all staff will be equipped to work from home from the 18th to 31st March and dividing of critical work functions and key personnel to ensure continuity of IPMUDA’s day-to-day operations in this period.
IPMUDA has issued a travel advisory to all staff in accordance to the guidelines provided by Ministry of Health.
We will continue to undertake these necessary measures and office hours will resume on 1st April 2020 unless advised otherwise.
For further information, please contact: